Executive Consider Nursery Consultation ResponsesMar 6th, 2012 | By admin | Category: Cardiff, Education
Cardiff Council’s Executive will be asked to agree to proceed with plans to establish nursery provision at three schools across the city this week.
At its meeting on Thursday March 8, the Executive will receive a report which confirms that no objections to the Statutory Notices have been received and the council should proceed with a number of recommendations to:
- establish nursery provision at Millbank Primary School extending the age range of the school from four to 11 to three to 11
- establish nursery provision at Ysgol Pen Y Groes extending the age range of the school from four to 11 to three to 11
- establish nursery provision at Ysgol Pen y Pîl extending the age range of the school from four to 11 to three to 11
Full public consultations, including public meetings, drop-in sessions and exhibitions, were held in September and October 2011 and statutory notices were published last month. The statutory objection period ended on February 9 2012 with no objections to any of the proposals.
As part of its vision of viable and successful schools, the Council is seeking wherever possible to create all-through primary schools catering for children aged three to 11. In these instances this can be achieved by opening nursery units attached to existing primary schools.
The proposal to create nursery provision at Millbank Primary forms part of wider schools organisation proposals to reorganise primary provision in Caerau and will create additional Early Years education places in the area, bringing Millbank in line with other all-through primary phase arrangements and reducing existing pressure on oversubscribed maintained nursery settings in the area.
The proposal would be implemented from September 2014 with 24 full time equivalent (48 part time), nursery places operating for two sessions a day.
Ysgol Pen Y Groes in Pentwyn was permanently established in 2009. Since then there has been a demand for provision of a Welsh-medium nursery unit at the school, which continues to grow and there is need for a long term solution to accommodate the growth.
The proposal is to establish a nursery unit as part of the primary school from April 2013 with 24 full time equivalent (48 part time places), operating for two sessions a day.
Ysgol Pen y Pîl was established as a starter class in 2007 and permanently established in the premises of the former Trowbridge Infant School in January 2011. The establishment of a nursery at the school will help meet local demand for high quality, Welsh-medium nursery education.
The proposal is to establish 24 full time equivalent (48 part time nursery places), operating for two sessions a day from September 2012.
Executive Member for Education and Lifelong Learning, Cllr Freda Salway, said: “This is good news for parents of young children in these areas as the Council continues to create all-through primary schools across the city to provide continuity in primary phase education.
“The proposals have been developed to meet demand for both English-medium and Welsh-medium places with high quality nursery education.”
- Executive Consider Nursery Consultation Responses Following a consultation on a proposal to establish nursery provision at three schools across the city, a report will be...
- Cardiff Council Executive Consider Recommendations on Nursery Consultation Recommendations to consult on the establishment of nursery provision at three schools across the city will be considered by Cardiff...
- Executive Consider Welsh Medium Primary Consultation Responses Following a consultation on a proposal to transfer Welsh-medium primary school Ysgol Treganna to new-build premises on Sanatorium Road, Canton,...
- Executive Condiser Recommendations for Ysgol Glan Morfa Nursery Provision Cardiff Council Executive is to consider recommendations to proceed with the publication of a statutory notice to establish Welsh-medium nursery...
- Executive Give Go Ahead for Welsh Medium Nursery at Ysgol Glan Morfa Cardiff Council’s Executive has approved the establishment of a Welsh-medium nursery at Ysgol Glan Morfa from January 2011. Following the...