Port Talbot police officers in charity walkFeb 10th, 2010 | By admin | Category: Charity, Emergency Services, Neath Port Talbot
Two members of the Port Talbot Neighbourhood Policing Team will be pounding a very different beat later this year.
PC Dale Davies and PCSO Andrew Balzano have organised a charity walk to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
They will be joined by colleagues from the police service for the Brecon Town to Neath 3-day walk from 28th-30th May.
PC Davies said: “A number of our colleagues have already agreed to join us for all or part of the walk so we are hoping to raise lots of money for Cancer Research UK.
“The third day of the walk will give community organisations the chance to join us and raise money for their own causes.”
Cancer Research UK area volunteer manager, Carrie Barlow, said the charity is entirely funded by donations.
“We rely on the fundraising efforts of people like Dale Davies and his colleagues and it is a fantastic event that they are organising,” she said.
“We are extremely grateful to all our supporters who fundraise for us so that we can continue our vital work researching all the different types of cancer, from prevention, diagnosis, treatment as well as the causes.
“This fundraising activity is great because it is going to increase the physical activity of all those taking part. We know from our research that 50 per cent of cancers can be prevented by changes to lifestyle and one of the positive changes that people can make to reduce their risk of cancer is to increase their exercise.
“I am sure that all the local people along the route of the walk will get behind Dale and his colleagues to give them the support they deserve.”
Angela Charlton, who is the Wales fundraiser for the Ramblers Association, said: “This is a brilliant initiative for a very good cause. Wales is an excellent area for walking and it’s great to see the officers taking part.”
Photograph: PCSO Andrew Balzano and PC Dale Davies who have arranged a 3-day charity walk in May
- Rhondda officers swap beat for charity walk Northern BCU officers Natasha Foster and Cherylin Pryor exchanged their usual Rhondda beat to join more than 350 community members...
- Abergavenny Police Officers take a hike for charity Next Sunday (26th March) a team of officers from Abergavenny Neighbourhood Policing Team will join thousands of walkers to take...
- Student Police Officers Get Their Walking Boots On For Charity Student police officers on the IPLDP course based in Dyfed Powys Police HQ in Llangunnor will be undertaking a 20...
- Police Officers pack a punch to fight breast cancer 20 years ago Kathleen Evans from Coity, Bridgend was unfortunate enough to suffer with Breast cancer. Happily, she received the...
- Charity benefits from Chairman’s Annual Charity Ball The Chairman of Denbighshire County Council, Councillor Joan Butterfield, recently held a Charity Ball at the Oriel House Hotel, St...