Monmouthshire County Council Elections 2012 – ResultsMay 4th, 2012 | By admin | Category: Local Government, Monmouthshire
Votes have now been counted for the Monmouthshire County Council elections, held on 4th May 2012. 43 seats covering 42 wards were up for election, although six of these seats were uncontested due to there being only one candidate. 78 polling stations across Monmouthshire opened at 7am and closed at 10pm.
There was a 38.3% turnout. Counting took place overnight at Chepstow Leisure Centre, with the first results announced at 2.00am and the last ones at 5.25am. Counting for the town and community council elections will take place on the morning of 4th May.
Full results can be found on our website – www.monmouthshire.gov.uk/electionresults. The numbers of seats won by each political grouping are as follows:
Conservative – 19
Independent – 10
Labour – 11
Liberal Democrat – 3
Paul Matthews, Monmouthshire County Council’s Returning Officer, said:
“I’m delighted to say that the elections were conducted extremely well and I would like to thank the many polling station and counting staff that made it possible. I would also like to thank the candidates for following the rules and respecting the democratic process. As Monmouthshire County Council’s Chief Executive, I’m looking forward to working with the new council as it faces the challenges of the next five years.”
There were 48 people counting the votes, with 8 count supervisors.
- Monmouthshire is all set for 2012 county council elections County council and town and community council elections will take place across Wales (with the exception of Anglesey) on Thursday,...
- Get your local General Election results at Council’s special elections website Swansea Council is going online with a special election results website as the residents of Swansea East, Swansea West and...
- Council urges candidates for May 3rd local elections to submit papers early With less than a month until the close of nominations for standing as a councillor in May’s county, community or...
- Monmouthshire County Council freezes council tax Monmouthshire County Council has agreed to freeze council tax for 2012/13. The council is one of only three local authorities...
- Monmouthshire County Council Publishes Members’ Salaries for 2010-11 Monmouthshire County Council has published its Members’ Salaries for the year 2010-11. And the total amount paid out has reduced...